Portland Port has long been a big draw for international shipping companies. Due to its geographical location, it allows fast, safe access 24 hours a day. The port has a strong reputation as the south coast's "premier service station", where vessels are able to undertake all manner of services such as; ownership/management/name change surveys, classification surveys, stores and crew transfers, as well as a wealth of underwater operations. All of which can be delivered in a turnkey fashion.
Why Portland Port
- Strategic location, close to one of the busiest shipping trade routes in the world.
- Ease of access, with short and direct Towage & Pilotage.
- Excellent shelter, protected by extensive breakwater and landmass.
- Low tidal ranges, average range of 1 metre, and spring tides at 2.1 metres.
- Deep waters, sheltered harbour with multiple deep water berths.
- Clear waters for In-water Surveys, (up to 10 metres) allowing for clear and accurate inspections.
- Tailored solutions for your specific needs.
Vessel Services Tariff
This tariff is applicable for ships calling at anchor for in water maintenance, repair, minor repairs afloat, survey, crew change, stores replenishment and transfer of waste only. The vessel services tariff can be found on the last page of the port tariff which is available under downloads on the right-hand side of this page.